What is a bibliography?
Whether you find a source in a book, newspaper, journal, website, or a video or audio clip, you should record exactly where you found it.
EVALUATE PRINT SOURCES
- Does the author have expertise to write on this topic?
- Is the information in this source up-to-date?
- Is the source appropriate for your research?
You and your instructor determine if a source is appropriate for your assignment.
Determine whether the source is an opinion piece.
Bibliographies highlight the sources that influenced the author's work. Use the bibliography at the end of a source to find other related works
EVALUATE ONLINE SOURCES
- Is it credible?
- Is it accurate?
- Is it timely?
- Is it objective?
- Does the site provide details that support the data?
- When facts or statistics are quoted, is the source revealed in footnotes and/or a bibliography?
This material has been adapted from TILT, a site developed by the University of Texas System.
Wićakapi he? Is it true? Fake News Infographic- Check out the PDF here