In this week's newsletter, you will learn about a facilities study in Spearfish sparked by a growing student population and U.S. Indian Commissioner John Collier's historic visit to Rapid City. You will also read about the continuing downward trend of gaming revenue in Deadwood, as well as a country of origin labeling measure defeated in the South Dakota Senate.
The South Dakota Dashboard is an online community information service that provides people with reliable, up-to-date trend data on geographic South Dakota.
This data covers statewide community indicators from income, to diabetes, to youth, and can be broken down by all counties and major towns in South Dakota, as well as sorted by age, race, or gender.
With each of the major topic areas, we also provide an "Overview" section that includes recent data-related news stories and posts that we have aggregated to provide context to the numbers.
The South Dakota Dashboard is a project of the Black Hills Knowledge Network.
Dakota Access Pipeline Action
DAKOTA ACCESS PIPELINE NEWS ARCHIVE This is a new Internet Archive project aiming to preserve all that is DAPL on social media, news articles, websites, and videos. You can submit more to them through the links available on the page.
EZ Steps to CHECK OUT the book!!!!
EZ STEPS TO BOOK CHECKOUT IN YOUR DISTRICT CENTER
(605)455-6064 Michelle May Director firstname.lastname@example.org
(605)455-6067 Sharon Janis Assistant Dir. email@example.com
(605)455-6069 Darleen Bear Killer Circulation/ILL firstname.lastname@example.org
(605)455-6065 Tawa Ducheneaux Archivist email@example.com
(605)455-6063 Agnes Gay Assistant Archivist firstname.lastname@example.org
(605)455-6066 Eric Peltier Resource & Outreach email@example.com
We are proud to announce that we are in the process of becoming an electronic document library for governmental publications through the Cataloging Record Distribution Program. You will be able to find linked documents relating to tribal and state reports and datasets in our online catalog beginning January 16th, 2017.
Discover U.S. Government Information Search alphabetically, by category, date, committee, or author
Wićakapi he? Is it true? Fake News Infographic- Check out the PDF here
SUMMER 2017 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Only 13% of Natives have a college degree. The American Indian College Fund transforms Indian higher education by funding and creating awareness of the unique, community-based accredited tribal colleges and universities, offering students access to knowledge, skills, and cultural values which enhance their communities and the country as a whole. Check out the INTERNSHIPS & FELLOWSHIPS @AICF
- 2017 NASA & Haskell University Summer (PAID!) Internship. For tribal college students and faculty. For more info click HERE
- Native American Rights Fund Clerkships & Internships
- National Museum of the American Indian Internships
- Cornell University American Indian and Indigenous Studies Internships/Fellowships
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society Summer Internships
- Purdue University Native American Educational & Cultural Center Internships, Fellowships, Scholarships