Library Vision and Mission
Our Vision for the Oglala Lakota College Library is to offer a library media program of the highest quality, for students,
faculty, staff and the community, in order to prepare them to become responsible citizens.
The Mission of Oglala Lakota College Library is to ensure that students, staff, and our community are effective users of ideas
Oglala Lakota College Library:
- Promotes, supports, and serves learning activities and the curriculum of Oglala Lakota College and the Lakota community.
- Cultivates an appreciation for literature, provides access to a wide variety of informational resources (print, non-print,
online), encourages the use of instructional and educational technology, and affords opportunities for independent
investigation and self-directed learning to all its users.
We believe Oglala Lakota College Library should.
- Be central to the learning process.
- Provide equal opportunity for access to the world of information.
- Provide a wide range of resources and information that satisfies the educational and recreational interests of students.
- Strive to maintain a diverse collection that represents various points of view.
- Provide access and opportunity for independent investigation and learning.
- Promote literature appreciation and the creation of life-long readers.
- Allow for development of critical thinking skills, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Serve the students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Respect the right to privacy of library users.
- Teach patrons how to use the resources and informational tools in the Oglala Lakota College Library, so patrons will not to
be afraid to enter any library.
The Academic Mission of Oglala Lakota College is to:
- Implement high student learning expectations through active and collaborative learning frameworks, student-faculty interaction,
enriched educational experiences, and a supportive campus environment.
- Practice open enrollment and supports student success.
- Provide knowledge, skills and values for self-fulfillment, civic engagement, and making a living.
- Work with other institutions and agencies to further college interests.
This is where you find a book!
Search the Library Catalog
Oglala Lakota College
3 Mile Creek Road
PO Box 310
Kyle, SD 57752-0310
Circulation Desk: 605-455-6069